Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Syntax

Periodic
"After I looked around the neighborhood, searched under bridges, and put up posters, I finally found my lost dog."

Loose
"I finally got to school after my alarm didn't go off, my truck ran out of gas, and slipped in a puddle."

Parallel
"A fish needs someone to feed it, someone to change its water, and someone to clean its tank."

Inverted Order
"In my mouth food goes."

Interrupted Order
"Alaska--big, spectacular, and cold--is my home.

Simple

"The basketball player dribbled the ball."

Compound
"The basketball player dribbled the ball, but didn't shoot."

Complex
"Even though the player dribbled the ball, he didn't shoot it."

Compound-Complex"Even thought the shot was open,  the player didn't shoot the ball, but he did dribble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment