Friday, August 31, 2012

Why We Crave Horror Movies - Question


Horror films have never been my preferred genre of movie. I’m more into the sappy love movies or pee your pants funny ones. Getting nightmares is no ones favorite thing to go through, while your trying to get some sleep. Usually after watching a scary movie, you dream about the same psycho killer coming into your room and ripping you to shreds. But for me, after watching a horror movie, I don’t usually get nightmares. When I’m lying in bed at night, I feel like there’s monsters in my closet. Coming home late, I run to my porch so no one can snatch me from the shadows.  Even sitting in a chair I pull my feet up so no one can grab my legs. Living in Skagway, all of this is highly unlikely to happen, but you never know.
            Even though I get paranoid after watching scary movies, every once in a while I like to give in and watch one. Reading this essay made me realize, maybe we all do have a little crazy in us. Why would I like to watch someone getting sliced by a chainsaw? Or watch demons in the dark mess with people in their homes?
            The movie “Paranormal Activity” has a demon that is haunting a families home. It is there because there is a curse on the boy, that the first born son, has to be killed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment